Local History Network
Staff and volunteers of history organizations in Iowa, such as historical societies, genealogical societies, archives and museums, are invited to join our Local History Network to connect with fellow stewards of Iowa history. The network is free to join and some of the many benefits include:
- Online forum to collaborate, ask questions, offer advice and share experiences with other participating organizations as well as the team at the State Historical Society of Iowa.
- Quarterly newsletter with information about grant and educational opportunities, events, collection care tips and spotlight column, where we will show off your special achievements and projects.
- Toolkits that contain carefully curated lists of resources for everything from caring for your collection to the fundamentals of operating a successful history organization.
Also be sure to check out other great resources available for history organizations from the following statewide organizations:
- Iowa Arts Council, Tools & Resources for strengthening Iowa’s arts and cultural community
- State Historical Society of Iowa Educator Resources for teaching Iowa History
- Iowa Museum Association
- Preservation Iowa
- Silos and Smokestacks National Heritage Area